Greek Wargaming Forum
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.

The Forum of Greek Wargamers

ΦόρουμLatest imagesΑναζήτησηΕγγραφήΣύνδεση
ETC cash cows  08abe9eb-c1f8-4f8a-abdf-72add18a9837_zps28329c39
Πρόσφατα Θέματα
» WTB wargaming and rpg terrain
ETC cash cows  I_icon_minitimeαπό shadowblade94 Κυρ 01 Οκτ 2023, 17:37

» WTS Big Tau Army 400€
ETC cash cows  I_icon_minitimeαπό doomsday Κυρ 09 Απρ 2023, 20:50

» Πωλούνται Adeptas sororitas
ETC cash cows  I_icon_minitimeαπό Manolorza Παρ 07 Απρ 2023, 12:31

» Πωλουνται Grey Knights
ETC cash cows  I_icon_minitimeαπό powerslave Κυρ 02 Απρ 2023, 19:08

» WTS High elf army
ETC cash cows  I_icon_minitimeαπό Eyzonas Κυρ 25 Ιουλ 2021, 23:08

Blog Feeds
Μάης 2024
ΔευΤριΤετΠεμΠαρΣαβΚυρ
ΗμερολόγιοΗμερολόγιο
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited. 40k, Adeptus Astartes, Battlefleet Gothic, Black Flame, Black Library, the Black Library logo, BL Publishing, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo, The Blood Bowl Spike Device, Cadian, Catachan, Chaos, the Chaos device, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Cityfight, City of the Damned, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Darkblade, Dark Eldar, Dark Future, Dawn of War, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Epic, Eye of Terror, Fanatic, the Fanatic logo, the Fanatic II logo, Fire Warrior, the Fire Warrior logo, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, GW, GWI, the GWI logo, the Hammer of Sigmar logo, Horned Rat logo, Inferno, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, the Khorne logo, Kroot, Lord of Change, Marauder, Mordheim, the Mordheim logo, Necromunda, Necromunda stencil logo, Necromunda Plate logo, Necron, Nurgle, the Nurgle logo, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, the Slaanesh logo, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Talisman, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, the Tzeentch logo, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer Historical, Warhammer Online, Warhammer 40k Device, Warhammer World logo, Warmaster, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Blood Bowl game, the Warhammer world, the Talisaman world, and the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2007, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

ETC cash cows

Πήγαινε κάτω 
3 απαντήσεις
ΣυγγραφέαςΜήνυμα
xrisomiga
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
xrisomiga

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 3097
Registration date : 19/03/2011

ETC cash cows  Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: ETC cash cows    ETC cash cows  I_icon_minitimeΚυρ 14 Οκτ 2012, 14:38

Παράθεση :
Time to debrief this year's ETC. For me it started approximately one year ago, and consisted mostly in animating 40k captains council to produce rulespack, draft mission pack, and draft clarifications.

One of the tasks that quickly turned into an unwanted burden was to try to get the host organiser to cooperate with the chairmen - a position I have been elected by the ETC combined captains council 3 years in a row. Having contributed to several ETC org over the years, we certainly had some suggestions to contribute, and it is also our mandate as per the ETC charter...sadly we hit the wall of the gorzow host org ego and certainly, their financial interest. When there was nothing left but blowing the whistle on those organisers who were going to make the biggest organised robbery a gaming warhammer community has ever known, I did, with the help of colleagues chairmen. It was not fun, it was time consuming and taxing, I really did not involve in ETC all those years to come to that and had not had to do so ever before. But I felt it was my duty as chairman to at least inform the captains of what was going on. They were the only ETC body left that could do something about the attitude of Gorzow host organisers.
I started whistleblowing in april in thread 2012, the future of 40k ETC, and you ! here :
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=100892
I asked a lot of questions, made several suggestions in ETC 2012 Orga FAQ here :
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=97421
With close to no reaction to the captains, we tried a last warning in the Chairmen Report to combined council here : viewtopic.php?f=43&t=102325
Now I think its very obvious that the problems we had with host org spokesman Furion (and earlier with Buzman) in the ETC preparation, have also been witnessed "for real on site" see Getting banned? thread here :
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=105399

Now that the event is finished, it is plain that the gorzow host org have made a huge profit out of our event that is supposed to be non profit.
Let's look at rough figures :
+- 650 players and coach at 35 euro per (a bit less for non playing coach) nets you +- 22000 euros
add sponsor money
add margins on food and transport prices
add profit from other paying events held at the same venue with the same terrain in the days before ETC

Compare that to a venue cost of say 4000 swept under the table (in 2007 the same venue cost much less but i'm adding a generous factor of inflation and +50% gaming days duration). Let's double that for the 40k tent that was added this year and the cost of electricity, water and all. That's 8000 for the venue.
Add 2000 for referee refund.
Add 4000 for tables terrain transport (poland gaming clubs are well furnished in terrain)

All in all in the view of almost every ETC organiser or wisemen I know, it is obvious that the ETC 2012 Gorzow organisers have turned a 5 digit profit, 20000 is not unlikely at all.
Of course, we'll never ever have the detailed facts about it, the Gorzow guys can sing whatever song they want now. But basic maths, facts and combined views of people who have been involved with ETC org over the years and generally do not share the same nationality is adament : ETC player pockets were robbed this year.

This is unforgivable, we can never have that again for ETC.

Aside from finances and spent energies in opposition / uncooperative games by the host org, the biggest blow to the event is the regression on Several fronts that we had managed to improve in later years :
-coverage
-food queues
-social dinner
-referee issues
-fair play and painting team awards missed
-in 40k, quality of results tracking & post analysis (improper result sheets used)
-in 40k, terrain issues
-players whose bus got lost or delayed on the way back and had to cover for the expenses (a sad replay of ETC Gorzow 2007)

All that loss due to megalomaniac and profit orientated gorzow host organisers...This is unforgivable, we can never have that again for ETC.

Unlike Asger, I'll spare you more details that could easily be found in a pair of forum private sections just a mouse click away from my godly forum admin rights. But in the light of past and recent disclosures (see above links), no need to add to the drama : I hope you will now register better the info the chairmen took great burden to alert you to before the event, and that you are now able to corroborate the righteous motives behind our earlier reports with the facts disclosed in this debriefing.

Like Asger however, you can trust me to manifest a strong opposition to Furion in the future. But I'll be less generous than him and will also add in the same basket the other Gorzow Horned Rats (that's the name of their club, which I find very fitting). Buzman is first on the list obvioulsy. I shall add that those two deserve a ban from ETC forums in my eyes and some other chairmen. I just hope they give us soon an excuse to finally press that button, which I cannot do just now in respect of the view of my softer chairmen colleagues.
Maybe Zamli can be added to the list, he served the chairmen the same kind of attitude for sure, but I'm not entirely sure about his involvement with the gorzow rats.
For Vladdi I'm not sure yet either, as he involved with this year's org rather late when it was apparent that 40k side of the org was not really taken care of. But he certainly did get on the Gorzow chairman bash boat fairly well, to deliver a disappointing prestation on the topics he gave caution to : referee and terrain. I'm waiting to see what kind of behaviour he'll have now considering this debriefing. I have a lot of respect for the past inputs of Vlad to ETC captains council, but the enormity of what happened this year in Gorzow is casting a shadow on him y association. I hope that if he is serious about his advertised willingness to involve closer with ETC org (he is a declared chairman candidate) he will be able to mitigate some of his past declarations.
Anyways, given the responsibility of all those guys in ETC org this year, their silence in the debriefing threads is deafening.

There is an important precision I want to make, you should have noticed that I have taken great care to designate the guilty host organisers as "Gorzow" guys as opposed to "Polish" guys. It is very important to make the distinction as far as future potential polish bids are concerned. You should also now that I have nothing but the greatest respect and foundness for the polish gaming community. I have attended a non ETC 40k tournament there, and was scheduled for another but had to cancel due to family loss (it cost me the booked airplane ticket). In my eyes, Poland is simply the most competitive tournament scene I was given to play in, and I did play in quiete a few countries...so please don't mistake this debriefing with a form of racism or other...its the Gorzow guys who have sinned, not the entire Polish gaming community, and I hope the rest of it will take notice of this and react to present alternative even greater bids to host ETC in the future.

I hope the current chairmen will not be the only ones to remember this, and also act accordingly in the future ETC choices and polls : the consequences for the event could not only be financial, we're also talking about the quality of the event.

For all this mess and regrettable facts, the event has been a success from a players' point of view. As it has been pointed out already, it's the players before all who make ETC a great event. I'm just sad the organisation was not able to add to that instead of substracting to it.
I want to take this opportunity to thank all who contributed to this year's org without getting a profit from it like myself and the other chairmen. I'm thinking especially to the ever invisible "small" hands, and the referee of course. Although it has been a very frustrating year, I also want to thank my colleagues chairmen, those have been trying times, and sometimes the rats have managed to split us (also a first in ETC chairman history), and also prevented us from doing what we could have...but we did try. A special though also to one of the greatest loss of this year : Jacek aka Jedy, whose legendary skill at stiring the etc project and its contributors in the right direction will be dearly missed.

If you have some materials to share about ETC like pictures, debriefing threads and all, please use this post : viewtopic.php?f=43&t=105210

cyclops cyclops affraid

http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=105311&start=30
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω
xrisomiga
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
xrisomiga

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 3097
Registration date : 19/03/2011

ETC cash cows  Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: ETC cash cows    ETC cash cows  I_icon_minitimeΚυρ 14 Οκτ 2012, 14:39

enas admin na to kanei move please.

sto fantasy section .

gn .
Aerico
Hero
Hero
Aerico

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 714
Currently Playing : There is only one army
Registration date : 21/12/2009

ETC cash cows  Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: ETC cash cows    ETC cash cows  I_icon_minitimeΚυρ 14 Οκτ 2012, 15:57

Πρώτος !

Αντε λυσσαξτε, περιμένω !
lance-a-lot
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
lance-a-lot

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 2642
Registration date : 03/09/2008

ETC cash cows  Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: ETC cash cows    ETC cash cows  I_icon_minitimeΔευ 15 Οκτ 2012, 09:06

Κι εμείς τα ζώα δε θέλουμε να γίνει στο Greece η διοργάνωση..

Λες κι αν υποστηρίζαμε την προσπάθεια, ο ένας πόλος (φαντασυ) θα υπερίσχυε του άλλου (40κ) στην χομπιστική ζυγαριά..
Λες κι αν κάναμε μια "αρπαχτή" διοργάνωση (που δε θα είναι έτσι), θα μας διώξουν απο το ευρώ και θα σπιλωθεί η απύθμενη χομπιστική μας φήμη! Suspect

Δεν λυπάμαι κανέναν άλλον εκτός απο τον Λιβαδιώτη Σουβλατζή/ξενοδόχο που έχει να πληρώσει εφορίες (Στουρνάρα! ) και να σπουδάσει 2 παιδιά, και θα οικονομούσε κανένα φράγκο σε αυτούς τους δύσκολους καιρούς..
Αλλά όοοχι.. αμα δεν βρίσκεται το όνομα μας εκεί ψηλά στη λίστα των αναδόχων, ε τότε ας πεθάνει η κατσίκα του Λιβαδιώτη γείτονα.. Go Serbia (ή αλλιώς Γερμανία. Ή Σιγκαπούρη. Ή Νησιά του Πάσχα. Ή για 28η φορά συνεχόμενα Πολωνία, Gorzow και ξερά σκατά. Ή τελοσπάντων οτιδήποτε εκτός Ελλάδος, αφού δεν "συνεργάστηκαν" κάποιοι μαζί μας. )

20 χιλιάρικα ρεεεε! Λίγη αγάπη για την πατρίδα και την "κοντινή κοινωνία" δε βλάπτει!

ETC cash cows
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή 
Σελίδα 1 από 1
 Παρόμοια θέματα
-
» Cows for cows

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτήΔεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης
Greek Wargaming Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic Συζητήσεις-
Μετάβαση σε: