Greek Wargaming Forum
Θέλετε να αντιδράσετε στο μήνυμα; Φτιάξτε έναν λογαριασμό και συνδεθείτε για να συνεχίσετε.

The Forum of Greek Wargamers

ΦόρουμLatest imagesΑναζήτησηΕγγραφήΣύνδεση
Open letters to GW  08abe9eb-c1f8-4f8a-abdf-72add18a9837_zps28329c39
Πρόσφατα Θέματα
» WTB wargaming and rpg terrain
Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeαπό shadowblade94 Κυρ 01 Οκτ 2023, 17:37

» WTS Big Tau Army 400€
Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeαπό doomsday Κυρ 09 Απρ 2023, 20:50

» Πωλούνται Adeptas sororitas
Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeαπό Manolorza Παρ 07 Απρ 2023, 12:31

» Πωλουνται Grey Knights
Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeαπό powerslave Κυρ 02 Απρ 2023, 19:08

» WTS High elf army
Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeαπό Eyzonas Κυρ 25 Ιουλ 2021, 23:08

Blog Feeds
Σεπτέμβριος 2024
ΔευΤριΤετΠεμΠαρΣαβΚυρ
ΗμερολόγιοΗμερολόγιο
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited. 40k, Adeptus Astartes, Battlefleet Gothic, Black Flame, Black Library, the Black Library logo, BL Publishing, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo, The Blood Bowl Spike Device, Cadian, Catachan, Chaos, the Chaos device, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Cityfight, City of the Damned, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Darkblade, Dark Eldar, Dark Future, Dawn of War, the Double-Headed/Imperial Eagle device, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Epic, Eye of Terror, Fanatic, the Fanatic logo, the Fanatic II logo, Fire Warrior, the Fire Warrior logo, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, GW, GWI, the GWI logo, the Hammer of Sigmar logo, Horned Rat logo, Inferno, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khemri, Khorne, the Khorne logo, Kroot, Lord of Change, Marauder, Mordheim, the Mordheim logo, Necromunda, Necromunda stencil logo, Necromunda Plate logo, Necron, Nurgle, the Nurgle logo, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Skaven, the Skaven symbol devices, Slaanesh, the Slaanesh logo, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Talisman, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tomb Kings, Trio of Warriors, Twin Tailed Comet Logo, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, the Tzeentch logo, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer Historical, Warhammer Online, Warhammer 40k Device, Warhammer World logo, Warmaster, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Blood Bowl game, the Warhammer world, the Talisaman world, and the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2007, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Open letters to GW

Πήγαινε κάτω 
+3
Johneleos
Flames
xrisomiga
7 απαντήσεις
ΣυγγραφέαςΜήνυμα
xrisomiga
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
xrisomiga

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 3097
Registration date : 19/03/2011

Open letters to GW  Empty
ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠεμ 31 Μάης 2012, 21:06

Παράθεση :
An Open Letter to Games Workshop
Categories: Featured Articles, Warzone News | 4 responses
I’ve had my say that you saw yesterday so here is the Open Letter created by Kirby over at 3++. Feel free to share if your of the same opinion

To Games Workshop,

Why? No seriously, why? I’m sure the excuse of cutting off Australasia and other countries (Canada, India, Korea, South American countries, etc.) to benefit the independent and GW store sales in Australia sounded good but unless you cut the prices here to not be a ridiculous 200% higher price than overseas, it’s not going to happen. Let’s look at this logically. You’ve stopped us from buying from stores like Maelstrom and Wayland with an embargo agreement in your Terms and Conditions (remember globalisation? how’s that going btw?). Does this mean we are going to now buy at RRP in Australia or other countries? No.

There are other outlets overseas we can buy from which are still much cheaper (hi America), other companies which you cannot touch without raising a helluva lot of crap (hi ebay) and people who are willing to ship to us overseas (hello family and friends) without the 200% tax. We won’t be getting as huge a discount as before but it’s much better than buying here at RRP. The other option is of course going to be quitting which I imagine some people are going to do. Check out this thread on WargamerAU where a lot of people are indicating they are. The ultimate bottom line? Your bottom line suffers (more people leaving) and the retailers in Australia do not benefit.

Now I’m all for one in supporting the locals. I buy all my products such as spray paint, paints, plasticard, magnets, drills + bits, modelling putty, brushes, etc. from Australia. As an aside, do you actually stock good quality merchandise for all of those options? I don’t see you selling plasticard, magnets, good sized drillbits, custom bases, etc. I’d be happy to pay a 5-10% premium on these objects compared to other stores to support your business but then again, I don’t really want to support your business currently do I? The point of any business is to make a profit but the problem with your business model is you do not do this whilst concurrently supporting your customer base. We don’t ask for much but a short list would look like…

* not raising prices every year, without fail, regardless of the economic situation or inflation rates
* basing prices around the world upon exchange rates (I wouldn’t be averse to paying 20% more in Australia compared to the UK or America locally but I am adverse to paying twice as much) – there are circumstances in each country that make operating there more or less expensive but you need a base retail price for your product which is then translated by exchange rates at a given time (i.e. quarterly) rather than a price set many, many years ago. It’s part of being in a global market.
* regular and quick FAQs – you’ve done a fantastic job IMO of creating some pretty balanced books for 5th edition, fix the grey areas quickly.
* official erratas – man up and admit you’ve made mistakes (hi Tyranids) and work on erratas that are official and re-print the books with these amendments. Admitting a mistake and fixing it isn’t a problem and I’d applaud you for it. Ignoring a problem is.
* fix Fantasy – you did it with 40k, why go backwards with Fantasy?
* don’t think your customer base is moronic – the resin re-cast to be cheaper than metals whilst hiking prices, not fooling anyone.

Ultimately people in Australia and other countries go overseas for their Games Workshop products for a reason: it’s significantly cheaper (I.e. half price). What motivation is there to therefore buy from our locals when you aren’t treating your customers with loyalty and support? People will walk away and your bottom line will hurt. A simple solution: care about your customers. Change the Australian (and other countries) prices so they are at least similar to the UK and US. This doesn’t have to be the exact same price but some parity would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s a quick example. If you could buy a similar product for $45 compared to $150, what would you do? How about if the product was the exact same but if you ordered it overseas it was $80 compared to $150 by the time it reached your door step? I’m pretty sure you’d want to take the cheaper option correct? For you as a company, you make your profit margin through the reseller regardless of where it is purchased. You may make more money off a direct sale at an Australian store compared to an Internet sale from the UK but you have already achieved the profit margin from the Internet sale already. The Australian stores may be hurting but this is down to the initial price you have set, not market trends. Simply put, you are alienating customers from a large and developing market.

I and many of the readers here obviously enjoy your game. We’ve played it through thick and thin (4th edition…) or come back thanks to an improvement game balance (5th edition) and don’t want to leave. We will though sooner or later if you keep piling on idiotic choices on us. Other companies like Privateer Press did very well in the early to mid-2000s for a reason and people will migrate to other gaming systems if you continue to mistreat them and their loyalty.

As it stands I question why you do the things you do. Raising prices every year annoys me but I cannot complain too loudly as your products are a luxury item but you do not provide excellent customer service one usually expects with such goods. I certainly find minimal fault with your staff or when your product is damaged/faulty but your overarching business model seems counter-intuitive to maintaining a customer base. Even if you are getting a large amount of new customers imagine how much better off your company would be if you had maintained a significant portion of your repeat customers. The model you are running currently to me does not seem sustainable as your turnover rate in customers is just too high. I applaud your efforts in making 40k 5th edition a more competitive game but what you’ve done to Fantasy 8th edition doesn’t bode well for the future.

Please, look to satisfy both the shareholders and the customer rather than just the former.

Kirby

P.S. Anyone who agrees with this, I would greatly appreciate this being re-posted on your blog so we might actually garner GW’s attention and hopefully move forward together. That is the ultimate goal, I want Games Workshop to succeed as a company so I can continue to enjoy the gaming systems I do but to do that, Games Workshop must look at altering their business model in the long run to maintain a steady customer base.

και ενα open video απο miniwargaming

Επιστροφή στην κορυφή Πήγαινε κάτω
Flames
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
Flames

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 9034
Registration date : 28/08/2011

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠεμ 31 Μάης 2012, 21:10

μπράβο σου μύγα, σε παραδέχομαι κάνεις δουλειά εδώ μέσα
xrisomiga
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
xrisomiga

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠεμ 31 Μάης 2012, 21:59

βασικα και το warhammer αλλα kai η πολιτικη τησ εταιριασ εχουν αρχισει να παρουσιαζουν ενοχλητικεσ ατελιεσ .

το warhammer το καναμε οτι νανε με το true los και τωρα με ολα τα καινουργια Units που αμα δεν τα βαλεισ δεν παιζεισ πρεπει ο κα8ενασ να δωσει αλλα 150-300 ευρα για να παρει τα new special kai rare. τουλαχιστον ενοχλητικο ΚΑΙ για μενα που δεν εχω παρει ακομα στρατο ολοκληρο , δεν 8ελω να φανταστω πωσ νιωθουν αλλοι που εχουν επενδυσει και ΧΡΟΝΟ και ΧΡΗΜΑ ., οπωσ πχ εσυ για να φτιαξεισ τα HE σου απο τα οποια τα μισα δεν θα παιζουν γτ θα βγαλει κατι υβερ δρακουσ η GW και δεν 8α μπορεισ χωρισ αυτοσ.

πωσ και πωσ περιμενω τουσ κανονεσ του νεο παιχνιδιου τησ avatars of war ( http://www.avatars-of-war.com/eng/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 ) αντε να δουμε . προσευχομαι να ειναι καλο ( warhammer χωρισ +4 νικη δηλαδη Sad )
Johneleos
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
Johneleos

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 3546
Τόπος : sthn xwra twn mpaokiwn
Currently Playing : dem gaimz
Registration date : 11/05/2010

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠεμ 31 Μάης 2012, 22:02

Ασε ασε το 150-200 ευρω σε rare ειναι πολυ πονος οχι μονο για τους παλιους αλλα και για τους νεους.
Η αβαταρς οφ γουορ θα βγαλει και μινιατουρες με το σετακι απο κανονες?

πολυ καλη κινιση ειδικα απο του πιο αδικιμενους του χαμερ τους εκτος ευρωπης
Hunter
Knight
Knight
Hunter

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 466
Registration date : 20/01/2009

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠεμ 31 Μάης 2012, 22:04

Να ρωτησω κατι ασχετο? επαιζα χτες με ενα φιλο μαχη κ παιζαμε με το line of sight του ETC.

Ρε παιδια σιγουρα ισχυει οτι βλεπεις μεσα απο τα unit?
και κοβουν το λινε οφ σιτε μονο οι λοφοι κ τα impassable?
τοχω παιξει 2-3 φορες κ μου φαινετε πολυ λαθος ρε παιδι μου αυτο ...
Flames
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
Flames

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 9034
Registration date : 28/08/2011

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠεμ 31 Μάης 2012, 22:14

να στο πω απλά
κανόνι ρίχνει σε μια χάρπι πίσω από...μινώταυρο. με κάποιο τρόπο η κανονόμπαλα έχει τέτοια καμπύλη που περνάει πάνω απ το μινώταυρο, με κοίλα προς τα άνω, αυτόματα αλλάζει σε ...κοίλα προς τα κάτω και χτυπάει την άρπυα.
το θεωρώ ΚΑΤΑΝΤΙΑ σε ένα παιχνίδια στρατηγικής (ακόμα και όταν έχει το φαντασία μέσα) να ισχύει κάτι τέτοιο.
σε αυτό φταίει το ιτισι.άλλο τρου λος και άλλος σιμπλ. απλά στο σιμπλ σκύβεις και ...κοψομεσιάζεσαι!!!!
xrisomiga
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
xrisomiga

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠεμ 31 Μάης 2012, 22:24

το ETC δυστυχωσ ειχε κανει ΤΕΡΑΣΤΙΑ πατατα με το simple los . πιο simple ΔΕΝ γινεται

ΟΛΑ βλεπουν μεσα απο ΟΛΑ χειροτερο και απο το τρυε λοσ ελεοσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσ

λοσ κοβει μονο ο λοφοσ το σπιτι και οι πετρεσ

Παράθεση :
Ασε ασε το 150-200 ευρω σε rare ειναι πολυ πονος οχι μονο για τους παλιους αλλα και για τους νεους.
Η αβαταρς οφ γουορ θα βγαλει και μινιατουρες με το σετακι απο κανονες?

πολυ καλη κινιση ειδικα απο του πιο αδικιμενους του χαμερ τους εκτος ευρωπης

μλκ εχω ξενερωσει πολυ με την GW ειδικα εδω στην αυστραλια οι τιμεσ δεν ειναι απλα εξωφρενικές ειναι κοροϊδία και αηδία σου δινω παραδειγμα για να δεισ το μεγε8οσ τησ ξεφτίλας

Empire Demigryph Knights
$91.00
Empire Celestial Hurricanum / Luminark of Hysh
$83.00

Empire Steam Tank
$96.00

Empire Helblaster Volley Gun / Helstorm Rocket Battery
$41.00

Goblin Regiment
$55.00

Savage Orcs
$48.00

Black Orcs
$69.00

Orcs & Goblins Arachnarok Spider
$96.00

Orcs & Goblins Mangler Squigs
$96.00

Tomb Kings Skeleton Warriors
$55.00

Tomb Kings Skeleton Horsemen
$55.00

Tomb Kings Skeleton Chariots
$55.00

Tomb Kings Ushabti with Great Bows
$83.00

Tomb Kings Ushabti with Great Weapons
$83.00

Tomb Kings Khemrian Warsphinx/Necrosphinx
$83.00

Tomb Kings Necropolis Knights / Sepulchral Stalkers
$91.00

Tomb Kings Tomb Guard $69.0

Tomb Kings Casket of Souls
$90.00
Quantity:
ADD TO CART
Tomb Kings Khemrian Warsphinx/Necrosphinx
$83.00
Quantity:
ADD TO CART
Tomb Kings Screaming Skull Catapult
$60.00
Quantity:
ADD TO CART
Tomb Kings Bone Giant
$85.00

και να ελεγα οτι κανουν και το παιχνιδι καλυτερο να πω αντε να τα δωσω με τα χιλια ζορια γτ γαμαει το γαμε .......... αλλα το εχουν πουρδελο ουτε η αρχιτσατσα του αμαρασιου τετοια χαλια........

μακαρι 8εε μου να βγαλει h avatars of war ενα σοβαρο παιχνιδι να επιτελουσ.......
αλλιωσ με βλεπω πισω στο σκακι -.-
Johneleos
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
Johneleos

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 3546
Τόπος : sthn xwra twn mpaokiwn
Currently Playing : dem gaimz
Registration date : 11/05/2010

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠεμ 31 Μάης 2012, 22:33

DAFUQ I JUST SAW 90.$ MC.CHIKEN 80 σφυγκα κλπ... Ρε μλκα πως υπαρχουν ατομα που παιζουν εκει? Εγω προσωπικα μπορει να εχω χαλασει παραπολλα λεφτα τα τελευταια 3 χρονια αλλα του πουστη εδω θες 1k για τα βασικα ποσο χρημα.περνουν οι αυστραλοι? Σε πιο πλανητη ζει η gw? Μλκες απογοητευομαι αφανταστα και , θελω να παρω 2-3 μλκιουλες για woc και να.φτιαξω τα λιζαρντς αλλα ρε.γμτ .. Περιμενω να δω τι θα κανει η βλαμενη η gw .

ρε οταν εισουν εδω δεν ειχες στρατο?
Hunter
Knight
Knight
Hunter

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 466
Registration date : 20/01/2009

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠεμ 31 Μάης 2012, 23:59

Flames of the Beast έγραψε:
να στο πω απλά
κανόνι ρίχνει σε μια χάρπι πίσω από...μινώταυρο. με κάποιο τρόπο η κανονόμπαλα έχει τέτοια καμπύλη που περνάει πάνω απ το μινώταυρο, με κοίλα προς τα άνω, αυτόματα αλλάζει σε ...κοίλα προς τα κάτω και χτυπάει την άρπυα.
το θεωρώ ΚΑΤΑΝΤΙΑ σε ένα παιχνίδια στρατηγικής (ακόμα και όταν έχει το φαντασία μέσα) να ισχύει κάτι τέτοιο.
σε αυτό φταίει το ιτισι.άλλο τρου λος και άλλος σιμπλ. απλά στο σιμπλ σκύβεις και ...κοψομεσιάζεσαι!!!!

To ειχα παιξει σε ενα τουρνουα πριν καιρο ,το ξαναδιαβαζα προχτες για να παιξω παλι σπιτι μου κ ελεγα δε μπορει καποιο λαθος θα κανω!
Τεσπα πιστευω να αλλαξει .
leandros
Knight
Knight
leandros

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 447
Τόπος : Αθήνα (νομίζω...)
Currently Playing : Κρυφτό
Registration date : 06/10/2009

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠαρ 01 Ιουν 2012, 00:21

Στηρίζουμε Avatars of War τότε... (lol εγώ ο σπαστικός... Very Happy)
Shieldwolf
Spamlord
Spamlord
Shieldwolf

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 1216
Registration date : 07/03/2011

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠαρ 01 Ιουν 2012, 08:33

KazDarian έγραψε:
DAFUQ I JUST SAW 90.$ MC.CHIKEN 80 σφυγκα κλπ... Ρε μλκα πως υπαρχουν ατομα που παιζουν εκει? Εγω προσωπικα μπορει να εχω χαλασει παραπολλα λεφτα τα τελευταια 3 χρονια αλλα του πουστη εδω θες 1k για τα βασικα ποσο χρημα.περνουν οι αυστραλοι? Σε πιο πλανητη ζει η gw? Μλκες απογοητευομαι αφανταστα και , θελω να παρω 2-3 μλκιουλες για woc και να.φτιαξω τα λιζαρντς αλλα ρε.γμτ .. Περιμενω να δω τι θα κανει η βλαμενη η gw .

O 1oς μισθός ενός φαρμακοποιού είναι 100,000-120,000 αυστρ. δολλάρια ετησίως (ratio 1$ AUS: 1,01$ US). Question answered. Cool
http://www.shieldwolfminiatures.com
Samanos
Arch Spammer
Arch Spammer
Samanos

Αριθμός μηνυμάτων : 2166
Τόπος : (Sydney)
Currently Playing : WFB-Mordheim
Registration date : 11/04/2010

ΔημοσίευσηΘέμα: Απ: Open letters to GW    Open letters to GW  I_icon_minitimeΠαρ 01 Ιουν 2012, 08:47

Solegga έγραψε:
KazDarian έγραψε:

O 1oς μισθός ενός φαρμακοποιού είναι 100,000-120,000 αυστρ. δολλάρια ετησίως (ratio 1$ AUS: 1,01$ US). Question answered. Cool

σολλεγκα δεν ειναι μονο τα λεφτα.

δεν αγοραζουν απευθειας απο gw, αυτο το κανουν συνηθως οι καινουργιοι παικτες και οι χαζοι. πολλοι αγοραζυν απο ebay κτλ κτλ

Open letters to GW
Επιστροφή στην κορυφή 
Σελίδα 1 από 1
 Παρόμοια θέματα
-
» Hearthstone beta key
» Open Challenge
» Open GB Swedish
» boxes of war open tommorrow?
» Open Fire! 2400 pts.

Δικαιώματα σας στην κατηγορία αυτήΔεν μπορείτε να απαντήσετε στα Θέματα αυτής της Δ.Συζήτησης
Greek Wargaming Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic Συζητήσεις-
Μετάβαση σε: